In this video Cindy is demonstrating the "Head-n-Toes" exercise. This exercise is for movement for the shoulders and trunk, with the addition of breathing exercises. This exercise will be done in sitting.
- Sit up away from the back of your chair with your feet on the floor
- Firm your stomach, but be sure not to hold your breath
- Lift your arms over your head as you inhale through your nose
- Come down to your toes as you exhale through your mouth
- Perform 3 repetitions
- Use caution not to sit too far forward on your seat
- Use caution if you have a history of back problems (Firm your trunk and support your arms on you legs as you come down, sliding your hands down to your toes)