In this video Cindy is demonstrating how to perform Seated Hip Flexion (Marching). This exercise strengthens muscles in the front of your hip.
- Sit up away from the back of your chair with your feet on the floor
- Firm your stomach, but be sure not to hold your breath
- If needed, scoot back in the chair for increased back support, though avoid slumping in the chair
- Raise your knee up as high as you can, then lower your foot back to the floor
- You can alternate you legs as if you are marching or perform all repetitions on one leg followed by the other, working the muscles a bit harder
Perform 5-10 reps, 1-2x per day
The number of exercise repetitions and sets per day are just a suggestion and should be adjusted, as needed, to fit your fitness level and tolerance.