In this video Alex is demonstrating a Standing Calf Stretch. This can be performed holding to a stable chair, counter or with your hands on the wall.
- Stand with your hands on a supportive surface
- Move the leg to be stretched (demonstrating here on right) back as if taking a step backwards
- Keep the right heel down on the floor and the knee straight
- Slowing lean forward, allowing the opposite, left, knee to bend until you feel a mild stretch in the right calf
- Hold for 10-15 seconds then relax
- Perform 2-3 repetitions
- Repeat on opposite, left, side