Minimizing Water on the Floor When Using a Tub Bench
- Using a bathtub transfer bench is a safe way to get in and out of the bathtub, but it can make a mess and be dangerous when water from the shower splashes out on the floor.
- Purchase an inexpensive plastic shower curtain that can be cut
- Cut the shower curtain in a "v" as shown above
- Feed the flap into the slit in the seat
- Tuck the outer flaps in the tub, allowing them to fall/hang inward around the seat
- The "v" cut will also allow non-transfer bench users the ability to clip the two bigger pieces of the cut curtain together, keeping water inside the tub.
- This of course will not prevent all water from escaping the tub. Be sure to place a towel below the tub bench on the outside of the tub to catch any water and to prevent any safety issues arising from a wet floor.