In this video, Alex is demonstrating Quad Sets.
- Tighten the muscles on the top of your thigh
- Push the back of the knee toward the exercise surface
- If you are having trouble with this exercise, you can use a small towel roll under the back of your need for feedback
- Push the back of the knee into the towel roll
- Hold this contraction for 5 seconds
- Remove the towel roll for this exercise when it's no longer needed
The roll in this exercise is to be used during the exercise only. Remove once the exercise is completed. Do not lay or sit for any prolonged period of time with anything underneath your knee. This will make getting your knee straightening more difficult.